Useful links, places to visit and things to do in the Algarve
More Information About Monchique and the Algarve
Where to go, what to see, where to stay and what to eat for English speakers in Portugal. Learn how to buy food and drink in restaurants and shops.
http://www.travel-infopoint.de/portugal/index.htm -> Images, movies and information for Portugal vacationers
Faro Airport Transport
Out Door activities and Bike Hire
Golf Discounts in Algarve Portugal
Various Things The Whole Family Will Love To Do
If you have a business that is relevant and would like to include a link above please email me.
Below are reciprocal links if you have a website where my site could benefit from being included, again email me.
★★★★★ We had a great time here, highly recommended
The villa is 100% as per the brochure and is a real credit to the owners. Equipped and decorated to a very high standard with a kitchen fully kitted out in every respect. The design and layout is not only aesthetic, but is really practical and comfortable when it comes to privacy and being able to relax.
"The town of Monchique is an excellent pivot to venture West or South with both coast lines only 30 minutes drive, but at the same time a safe distance from the hustle of the tourist hot spots. As with anywhere being off the tourist track you do need a car though there are a few low key local attractions. There are cheap rentals in Faro, but if you go BA take advantage of the Avis partnership - eg, Renault Megane for less than 16 pound a day. You don't even need the electronic toll tracker (2 euros per day) and next time we would just drive from Lisbon on the IC roads by-passing most of the tolls.
There are 3 top class restaurants within walking distance, and on a dull day (not many of those) you might well fancy a walk into the centre (20-25 mins). Head on up through the back streets to the convent, which looks down on Monchique.
Everywhere has a local market for fish and veg, but the best we saw was in Aljezur on the way to the great beeches on the west. It depends on the sea, but the day we went we hadn't seen the variety of seafood anywhere else. Odeceixe has a great restaurant just a short distance up the coast from Aljezur in the town. Look out for the 'gypsy'market as there are bargains galore.
And finally, the weather. First 2 weeks in April and it was hot with a light cooling breeze most of the time. We want to keep finding new places to visit, but it will be very hard not to return. The climate and the accommodation is a combination that is really second to none."- HomeAway
- Unterkunft Algarve und Ferienwohnung Spanien von Privat
- A Way Away - Your source for travel related websites, business and service.
- Willgoto, World travel directory and travel guide
- Travel Directory
- web directory
- BusinessSeek.biz Web Directory
- ASR Search Engine
- Urlaub im Ferienhaus oder www.ferienhausmarkt.com buchen
- Villa Monchique
- Algarve Tourist Guide! - An extensive Tourist Guide about the Algarve! - Travelinfo, Cityguides, Holidayhomes, Campsites, Maps, Golfcourses etc., even a small language guide is included!
- Leader European Directory
- Asmat - all about travel - travelogues, photo galleries and information from all around the world. Section for divers.
- Anaximander Directory
- Touristclick.com - A comprehensive travel resources, Find a travel site and service locally
- bookmarktravel.com – Travel Directory – A comprehensive directory of all things travel.
- PakRanks Web Directory
- Web Directory Sites
- Cheap Holida yRentals Direct
- Resource Help
- Get Links From Our Travel Directory
- Travel Directory
- Campings Zeeland
- TUI Airways
Find us on Shared-house.com/Silves-algarve-portugal or Shared-house.com/Odemira.