Vida Nova, Luxury Villa Rental Algarve, Portugal.
- Villa Vida Nova is a fully inspected, registered and legal villa rental in Portugal with Licence number AL 2356 since February 2011
- We are a family friendly villa, children of all ages are welcome, we have two cots and a high chair if required.
- Car recommended, the Serra Da Monchique is hilly, great for walking and views, so a car rental is a good idea to get around here for sure. Many of the secondary roads are narrow and winding so take your time they afford some incredible views if you go and explore.
- Sorry no pets. The villa is and always has been pet free, ideal for folks with related allergies.
- Check in time 4.00 pm check out time 10.00 am
- Unfortunately we are not wheelchair friendly due to the terrain and stairs.
- The Government has introduced a "tourist tax" for all visitors who stay in the Algarve similar to what exists in Lisbon and Porto. It is is not finalised yet but will likely come into effect in soon. The proposal at present is Euro 1.50 per adult per night payable for the first 7 nights. More about this when it is legislated.
- There is a twin bed suite on the ground floor for those who cannot manage too many stairs. There are stairs from the car parking area to the villa, these are wide, gradual with a landing and have hand rail. Everything else is on the level save for the two upstairs master bedrooms.
- Smoking is allowed outside the villa only, ashtrays are provided in the covered terrace area.
- The lane to the villa is about 300 meters long and is steep, allow 5 minutes for this part if walking up to restaurants, or go by car.
- The Serra Da Monchique is rural there are many forests and small farms so do expect to hear distant farm noises from time to time, chickens, guinea fowl, dogs, tractors, chain saws, etc.
- The villa is not suitable for hen, stag or similar type groups.
- Some décor items and particularly sunbeds, seat covers and parasols may differ slightly from the photographs on this website as we need to replace them from time to time due to wear and tear and as we make general improvements.
- Discounts that have been arranged for Villa Vida Nova guests with third parties such as the spa and local restaurants and bars cannot be guaranteed.
- Tip: Ensure that your car rental company will provide a transponder for the toll roads, this will enable tolls to be paid automatically for the duration of your vacation. Without a transponder payment is difficult and payment cannot be made for the return trip to the airport. Avoid Zitauto for this reason.
"What an amazing place this is, the best villa holiday we have ever had! TripAdvisor!
★★★★★ An amazing, beautiful holiday spot
This is one of the best holiday spots we have ever been in - few compares to it! The villa is beautiful, very luxurious and spacious. It was very clean and in an awesome shape both in and outside – perfect service done by the owners and their local staff.
Our hosts have been very welcoming and attentive – from the booking to preparing the trip to quickly taking care of a special request during our stay – a very professional service. It literally was like staying in a nice hotel.
The kids enjoyed the pool and spent ages in it – the grown ups loved the trips to the amazing local restaurants – all cherished the beautiful beaches and the countryside.
Monchique is an excellent place to explore the Algarve with good distance to South and West coast, historic villages and the Sierra.
We look forward to visit again! -TripAdvisor
★★★★★ High end accommodation with the most stunning views!
From the initial booking to the refund of the deposit this experience cannot be faulted. Nigel, the owner, is a pleasure to do business with. The villa is stunning and very well equipped. The small touches from the arrival email, including an overview of the local area and tips on local beaches and restaurants, to the welcome note accompanied by 2 bottles of wine was much much appreciated and indicative of the attention to detail. We arrived a little early and the villa was still being cleaned but we were shown around by a most delightful and friendly lady who made us feel very welcome.We were a party of 4, 2 couples. There was more than enough room and the layout of the villa, master bedrooms on opposite sides of the villa, with a private balcony off each bedroom allowed for privacy if required.I would not hesitate to recommend this villa to anyone wanting high end accommodation with the most stunning views you could possibly imagine. -TripAdvisor