Open for business
2021 and 2022 vacations in the Algarve are now very viable and probably the safest option within Europe, restaurants and bars are open, tourist attractions and golf are open.
Quarantine and Self Isolation
Visitors to Portugal do not have to self isolate or quarantine here.
If you need a PCR or Lateral flow test to return to your own country:
email@example.com They provide information on testing in Portugal
firstname.lastname@example.org Sumario Eloquente in Portimao PCR Test is just €50
email@example.com Medichique, in Monchique Various Tests
Ana.Dias@synlab.pt Synlab, various locations including: Faro (including a ‘drive thru’, Olhao, Loule, Vilamoura and Lagoa, Various Tests
firstname.lastname@example.org AquaLab near the Portimonense stadium, Portimao
email@example.com CUF, various locations.
Find the most comprehensive list of testing places here: Link to list
It should be noted that currently, there are two tourist helplines available (931 125 106 and 289 818 582) operating daily, from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm, to provide this and related information.
Visitors from UK
Covid information for visitors from the UK, follow this link
If you feel you need it Covid 19 vacation insurance is available at very reasonable rates......read more here: Portugal Travel Insurance
We are not a resort
But you may still want to be cautious and so voluntary distancing and hygiene measures ought to be followed. Villa Vida Nova is a very safe option, in a rural location in an area free from Covid 19. In a rural cul-de-sac with no passing traffic, walled, gated and fenced, completely private and nothing is shared, the property, pool and all outside areas are exclusively for you and your family or friends to use.
We are proud to have many reviews that attest to the cleanliness of the villa, this is important but we cannot be complacent so extra cleaning and disinfecting protocols have been introduced.
These are our instructions to staff who will strictly adhere to the protocols in our mutual interests.
- Before they clean, our cleaners will wash their hands, and put on impermeable, disposable gloves.
- Cleaners will avoid touching their face during the clean.
- Gloves will be thrown away after each clean.
- Cleaners will wash their hands immediately after gloves are removed.
- Cleaners will be sure to air and ventilate the property during and after cleaning.
- High-touch surfaces will be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected after each stay. Examples of high-touch surfaces include tables, hard-backed chairs, doorknobs, handrails, light switches, remotes, wardrobe and cabinet handles, toilets, sinks, bedside tables, and kitchen and bathroom surfaces. A two-step approach will be used for cleaning high-touch surfaces with use of a detergent and hot water for visibly dirty surfaces followed by disinfection to kill germs on surfaces.
Let's keep this simple, if the authorities, including transport companies, impose travel restrictions due to Covid 19, as they did in March 2020, then you will have the option to postpone your vacation to any future date. This does not apply if you have failed to follow procedure in obtaining travel permits, travel passports, visas, vaccine passports, vaccinations, pcr or other Covid-19 test requirements, nor does it apply if you or your party are refused travel or entry to Portugal because you test positive for Covid-19 or it's variants.
This policy does not apply if you cannot secure flights or your flights are cancelled unless this is directly attributable to any government policy or law, nor does it apply to bookings booked within 30 days of the check in date. All cancellation or postponement requests must be accompanied by proof of such travel restriction.
If you have any questions or suggestions whatsoever about Villa Vida Nova and Covid 19 please ask us by using our contact form , the well being of all our clients and staff are of paramount importance.